20 June 2012

Day 17 - Preparation

Its been three days since my last entry, and I've made a lot of headway, now that the villagers have agreed to help me.  While they still dare not leave the village, they at least help build the wall I started so long ago.  Due to our combined efforts the formative wall is almost complete.  I even managed to climb atop a tree in the nearby jungle the catch a view of the work thus far.  I have to say, ramshackle though it may be, its rewarding to see my efforts finally paying off.


In my efforts to gather the supplies necessary to finish the wall, I've dug quite the tunnel into a nearby hillside.  Its so long, in fact, that it reaches all the way to the other side of the hill, exiting near a small cave that I've yet to explore.


In an effort to make this village more self-sufficient, I've begun harvesting some nearby sugar cane.  I've been doing this off and on for a while now, to help me keep up with this journal...paper won't make itself, but this will be necessary if I am to find a way to bend magic again.  If that thing I encountered on the Night of Hell is any indication of what's to come, I'm going to need enchanted gear.  Lots of it.


With the wall nearing completion, I turn my attention to that abandoned house in the village.  I saw some villagers nearby, and heard hushed conversation regarding some kind of "curse."  This has me curious.  Rutsah's laws be damned, I'm finding a way in there.  Perhaps a tunnel...


No comments:

Post a Comment