06 June 2012

Day Fourteen - Finds and Answers

I still can't believe what I found yesterday...an abandoned mine!  I had to be careful, I didn't want to come across a Creeper and run the risk of causing a cave-in.  However, I managed to find two incredible things.  Gold...and diamonds.  I didn't find much of either, so I can't use what I have yet, but this is certainly promising.


I finally managed to get some talking done with the village elder today.  What he's told me not only disturbed me, but created even more questions than it provided answers.  Apparently, they are tribals of a sort, but they're very civilized, one of many things they owe to their god, Rutsah.  Rutsah teaches a philosophy of total pacifism, which explains why I've never seen them wield weapons or take up arms against monsters.  These things are considered abhorrent, and they do not fight when the monsters come, because Rutsah tells them when they're coming, and when to hide.

I'm not sure whether to commend them for adherence to their principles, or admonish them for their foolishness.  To them, this explains why their doors are left undamaged from the zombies' relentless assaults, and the hole was from one of the villagers who was foolish enough to ignore Rutsah's warning of an impending invasion, and met a bloody end at the hands of a Creeper.

It isn't just their god and his apparent protection that raises questions, though.  The elder went on to tell me that I was one that was prophesied long ago.  An outsider who was not of Rutsah's way, who would take up the sword, axe, and bow to fight those who would prey on his people...and who would, one day, lead them to utopian greatness.  How I'm expected to do all this is a mystery, but for my work on the Night of Hell, I've since been proclaimed a hero...a hero of prophecy.

Something tells me there's more, though...the elder became very evasive when I asked him about that thing I saw that night, the thing that nearly killed me with almost contemptuous ease.  He only said this, "It is an envoy of The End."  Whatever that means...

No comments:

Post a Comment