20 June 2012

Day 25 - Completion!

Finally!  The long nights of work have paid off!  The wall, such as it is, is complete.  I've even managed to install some ladders around it to permit entry and exit, thankfully, monsters aren't smart enough to use ladders, so I'll be allowed egress and ingress, but they won't, and the zombies won't be able to beat them down, like they would a door.


The harvest was today, and we got quite a bit of wheat out of the deal.  I have to say, honest, hard work isn't that bad once you get into it.  I've even managed to get a small sugar cane farm going, as well.






Through use of strategic, temporary holes in the wall, I've managed to lure some animals within the confines of the village.  They should be a good source of meat, wool, and leather.  Of course, I've not been able to lure in a pair of cows yet, so leather will have to wait, but I've managed to get a few pigs and some sheep.





Also, and I must keep this secret, I've managed to break into the abandoned house from below.  I've hidden my tunnel as best I can, as well, to ensure the villagers don't find out.  The place was totally empty, save for a lone torch.  I don't know why they say its cursed, but this place does make me feel uneasy...I could swear I heard faint whispers when I closed my eyes in this place...


No comments:

Post a Comment